Friday, August 04, 2006

Welcome DSC Listeners. Mi lenguaje declamatorio pequeño en la Inmigración

Hello all

I see I've had a few visitors from the DSC. Welcome. I know this may be a little too late for the majority of my traffic from PodShow. But if anyone is coming back, then I'm glad to have you. To everyone else, it's been another LONG week. But, what's new?

I heard a story in Bill Handel's radio show this week. It's a human interest story of a family of ILLEGAL immigrants. Now, before I'm labeled as an asshole racist, I can understand and sympathize with the want to better one's self. I have no problem with immigration but do it right, do it legal.

Now please don't talk "explain" how the legalization of the 12 million illegals in the country now will help by them paying taxes. Yeahhhhhhhhhh...... Sure. I can imagine the money flowing in now. How many of the millions of illegals are making more than poverty level wages?
Let's think about this for a second. I'm a family of 4? (probably more than that) but let's say 4. I'm working for $400-500 a week. That's at most, 26K. Well, for one I'm not going to be paying a whole lot in taxes with 4 deductions. Hey, I doubt I will pay anything. Now, I've used the public schools to educate my children at a cost of over $7000 per child. I need help with medical expenses....We won't go into that....... So for now let's just say I've paid the minimum, if any, taxes and have used the public schools to educate my children at the cost of at least 28K ( 4 x $7000) . In the meantime I've paid Taxes on 26K of income. For the point of this fairy tale we'll say at a rate of ....oh..25% LOL. That's $6,500. Fast forward to April 15th. It's time to file our taxes. After filling out our 1040, we now qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit! We not only get our $6500 back, now, the taxpayers can PAY us for working.
I can't see where we ( the USA) will benefit from this generous immigration policy. I know.......They'll be doing jobs we won't do. That will in turn help the economy by adding profits to corporations which in turn, can order materials from the "new" manufacturing superpower China and others in the far east. Sounds like a winner to me. "sigh"
Now, back to the article. It's a good description of the mind set of the majority ( I know there are exc
eptions) of the disputed illegal immigrants.

Bienvenido a México Septentrional

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home