Friday, July 28, 2006

Another Week Gone Part 1 Turkey Crimes

OMG It didn't take long. Back to work and doing much of nothing else. I swear it seems like it was just Tuesday a couple of days ago. It feels like I just had too much to do. I woke up Sunday morning with a killer back ache. It was bad enough I didn't even go through the "it'll be ok routine". We called my chiropractor for an appointment ASAP. The pain started where my lowest rib connected. I didn't want to move and bouncing around in the truck made it unbearable.. I had a semi short day Monday so I was able to get to the Doc by 5pm. Talk about my back cracking. WOW It sounded like one of annoying people who sit around and crack their knuckles. Only LOUDER.
Doc's wife's birthday was Tuesday so I decide I'd fry her a turkey. I grabbed a 12 lb. turkey from the Grocery Kat and marinated it Monday night. I had picked a load to Richmond for Tuesday, that would get me home around 2pm. Of course I had to get up at 3AM to make it work. I did made it back a little before 2pm, Yea.
This was just the start of a long afternoon. I had to drain the fryer of the old shortening, take the old shortening to a local restaurant and pour it in their grease tank. Take the empty pot to the car wash to spray it out, and stop by Lowes to grab 5 gals of Peanut oil. After running my errands I finished cleaning the fryer pot with SOS pads. I added the peanut oil and started the fire.
At this point I decided to mow the yard while the oil was getting to temperature. I bought this "great" thermostat for my fryer. You put the temp probe in the oil and set the thermostat and it will automatically keep the oil at the correct temp. For some reason the thermostat kept backing off. It did this twice. I would turn it to the max and it would slowly rotate back to the low setting. I finally had to take a piece of duct tape ( it works for the astronauts) and tape the knob so it wouldn't turn.
Fast forward 45 mins..... The yard is 85% finished. I just have to weed wack a few spots and blow the grass off the driveway. I checked the turkey and it's only 140 degrees. It should be ready by now. DID the thermostat change again? I double check everything and it seems ok.
I place the turkey back in the pot and decide I have enough time to I walk across to my neighbors house. I want to check my 2 rows of beans he allowed me plant in his garden. They were looking good! I should be able to pick enough for a meal this weekend. I noticed the grass had taken over his tomato plants. I decide I'd "weed" around his plants. He has had a few health problems lately and I'm sure I can move a little easier than he. Hey, we can see his tomato plants now!
I hurry back to my house to check on the turkey. It didn't seem like that long, but when I pull out the turkey.... Well, it was a little darker than I wanted and the drumsticks had started to dry out, and the inside temp was now 200 degrees.. Oooppss. Well I can't give this to Doc's wife. I'll have to make another one. Don't worry, Glo will be more than happy to "dispose of it"
I'm totally beat and I have to get up at 6am to go wash the truck since I didn't get home in time this afternoon. I promise I will finish posting this week's happenings before this weekend is over. I even want to finish my truck accident post. It's almost done. Be patient with me. I'm an OLDDDD man LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home