Saturday, August 05, 2006

Grill Purchase called off

Well I'm going about these postings a little backwards. I had planned to mention the hunt for the great stainless Gas Grill has been called off. The more I looked, the higher they got to be. At the end we were looking at some monstrosity from Home Depot. It was a Ducane. It seemed very well put together. The grates were all stainless and the cabinet doors closed with a smoothness not found on other models. The grill I bought, oh let's see, 4 years ago was an Outdoor Grills model. The body and frame was made out of cast aluminum. No rusting. The burner( which was under warranty if I had my receipt) was cast brass. It has been really used over the last four years and even though the electronic lighter has been shot for over a year it has been a good one.
I like the newer grills for the features they have packed into them. The side burners, rotisserie burners, multiple burners( good for smoking or indirect cooking). They had a Grill by Perfect Flame at Lowes. It had 4 burners with one burner vaporizer( a plate that covers the burner to prevent flareups) that could be replaced by a wood chip box. Very kewl. With that you could place your meat on one side of the grill and have just enough heat to cook the wood chips and SLOWLY cook a brisket or something like that.
Hey I'm back from the truck show. I just have to finish up by saying that it's official. No grill for me this year. I ordered a new burner for the Outdoor Grills model I bought 4 years ago. If I had saved the receipt, it would have been replaced under warranty. Oh well, I ordered it anyway. Hopefully it will be here by Thursday. If so, I can see grilled ribeyes on the menu for Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home