Saturday, August 05, 2006

Camcorder Blues

I need help. We are getting ready for vacaion and I'm in the market for a camcorder. I've looked at so many now I'm lost. I looked at reviews from Consumer Reports. CNET, PC Magazine, Best Buy, Circuit City....See why I'm confused? So far the one I really like is one from Sony. I know I've ranted about the evil Sony empire since the hidden rootkit DRM fiasco last year with their "enhanced" CD's. But, at the same time I've always had a place in my heart for their electronics.
The model I'm looking at is the DCR HC90. It seems to be a mid-price camcorder with decent low-light recording, decent zoom, good image stabilization and the abilty to pass-thru analog video sources to convert to digital. I haven't found it at the major box stores, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. I think they must have "upgraded" to the DCR HC96?
I'm looking at a couple of more but maybe if I just ask for your opinions? So, if ya got a camcorder let me know which one and how's it doing. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home