Friday, September 22, 2006

Go sit in the corner young man

Well, I feel like a Bozo. I totally goofed at school this week. I would've sworn I had until friday to turn in my homework. It was actually due today,Wednesday. Ouch....... I promise it was almost finished. All I had to do is put in the link's URLs and finish the table. I will admit I should have put it together quickly Wednesday night and uploaded it to the server at school before the lab closed. But, after the last couple of long days at work, and trying to get back on east coast time, I thought I needed the sleep more than worry about a couple of points off on my homework. I DID have to be up at 2am and it would've been 11pm before I was back at home and in bed.
Not only did I turn my homework in late, I looked like the dunce of the class. We had a "guest" professor in this week. He really knows a lot and is the type that teaches with a very fast paced hands-on technique. Just about the time he was to get started, dispatch called, so I had to walk outside. When I got back in the room, he had given the class directions on where to log into the school's servers. This is where the java script he wanted to use as an example could be viewed. Everyone had found it except for one student. This teacher highlights the students in his class who are having a little trouble and makes a point out of these students holding up the rest of the class. In his philosophy, this is to make you mad or light a fire, so to speak.
Well, he came back to me and since I was the last one and "holding" up the class he made an "example" out of me. I was instructed to come to the front so he could keep an eye on me and I could get "help" logging on.
Now I'm at a terminal that was turned off and I'm waiting for Windows to boot............ he's waiting for me. Hell the class is waiting for me. Am I logged on yet? No not quite. I'm still waiting for Windows.......waiting......waiting.......Hey kewl, Windows finally booted. Now I can log into the server.....No, I can't..... I have to log off on the terminal in the back first. Ok, that's done. Now log on up front.....Waiting here for my preferences to load........Have you gotten it loaded yet Mr P.?? Ok so he didn't ask me by name.
After an eternity, I'm logged on to his webpages on the Shepherd servers.
From this point it just gets worse. I'm already wiped out from our vacation the previous weeks and trying to get back to my normal work schedule, so I'm not with it for sure. I'm running on coffee and an energy drink full of gaurana. So, I'm not exactly keeoing up with his instructions. From this point till the end of the class I'm lost.
Thankfully he isn't teaching the entire length of our class, but I feel like I have set myself up for a failure this semester. I come home ready to drop out this semester. I'm still not sure I'm going to get caught up. Glo talks me into staying. I'm not sure I even want to go on with this post actually. We'll see if she's right. Laters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home