Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back In town

Well, I have a little time to spare this morning. It seems I got loaded at the plant a lot quicker than I expected. If Pooh, my cat, will let me type, I'll at least leave a little post to confirm that we made it back.

I know I had planned to post everyday, explaining the travels and adventures of our vacation before the little details disappeared. Well......that didn't work out. It seems when we checked in the room at night, it was later and later. I would download our pictures and that would be about all I did before crashing. I was trying to live up to my bargain I made before the trip and NOT stay on the computer. Sometimes it takes me awhile to make a post. I know, after reading some of them you're going.......Why? It's not if it's a literary masterpiece.

In short, we made it back with little excitement. Long Beach airport wasn't the most comfortable place to wait. (We actually made it to the airport with a couple of hours to spare.) I made two mistakes that morning. One, we didn't buy anything to eat before getting to the airport. $5.79 for a tuna sandwich!!!

The other MAJOR mistake I made was to go to McD's for breakfast. I ordered their deluxe breakfast and orange juice with it. Now, I went light on the syrup for the pancakes cause I know how much sugar was in it. I even did without the grape jelly for the English muffin. The BIG mistake I made was drinking the orange juice. OMG how much sugar is in a glass of OJ?? Needless to say, less than an hour before we were to leave, I was not feeling well and I should say now I didn't have a comfortable flight. It was actually pretty miserable. I felt a little bloated and had stomach cramps. I will say this much. I took one for the team so to speak. If I had "released" a little pressure.....Well, let's say, I think the other passengers would've shouted bomb, or something to get off the plane. Ok I know I'm leaving ya hanging, but I gotta get to work. It might take awhile but I promise to post some pics and details on the vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home