Friday, September 01, 2006

Update and flight out to California

Long time no post huh?? What a week. From the total fiasco that was the Western Maryland Truck Show, in which I actually got a 1st place out of a huge group of , let's see, ONE truck. Hmmmmm I think I had that one won. It was a total disapointment. I really wanted the guy in the Ford that had won the last two years to be there. And, after seeing the competition I really thought I might have a shot at Best of Show. There were two trucks that I thought really deserved it but they were passed over and the BOS was given to a co-worker of the last year's winner( who lives in the area). I smell something fishy in Cumberland. Anyway I'm not sure I'll be back. Not only was this disappointing but the whole show was extremely disorganized.
OK after that and a quick 3 days of running around trying to get the house in shape for a 2 week vacation, we finally made it out to sunny Southern California, just in time to miss Hurricane Earnesto. The flight out, not to be a big commercial, is the best flying experience I've ever had. This could be due to my sweeties doing most of the work ahad of time e.q. printing boarding passes and bag check in before arriving. We just had to check the bags at the curb and go straight to security. Security was also pretty easy. After taking off my shoes and my phone, iPod, keys, and laptop and sending them through the scanner everything flew through, along with us!!!!! I would guess from the time we dropped our baggage to the time we were in the airport took less than 20mins.
With the quick check in, we had a couple of hours to wait which we grabbed a little to eat and waited. The flight was extremely comfortable. I loved the cable but I have to admit the onscreen GPS of the plane's position got the most attention from me. Ths way I could not only look at the features of the landscape but also tell where they were. Ok it's time to get out and enjoy LA. I'll post a couple of airplane shots before I go.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home