Monday, January 01, 2007

80's Priced Gas in 2006?


I was pleasantly surprised yesterday. We had to go to Staples and get a few things that were "on sale". Actually, for what we bought, we saved more than we spent. I had an idea that we would go to Virginia instead of Maryland this time. Gas is normally 7-10 cents a gallon cheaper in Va than it is in WV. We had a credit at Martins (a regional grocery chain). They have a program that gives you 10 cents a gallon off gas for every $100 you spend, and our discount was 70 cents. On top of the 12 cents difference in the normal price of gas, I knew I was going to save a bit of cash. Well when we pulled up to the pump they had a small sign taped to the ad and they were giving a 20 cent discount at this store. Holy chit. So I put in my card and got my 1.40 a gallon discount and I filled up my car and the 4 gas cans I brought with me. They limit you to one fill up of 30 gallons or less. That was a good way to end 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home