Friday, November 17, 2006

I Get to Play With Heavy Equipment

I just spent 3 days playing with heavy equipment. We had a water leak. It seems we've had a leak for months. I didn't realize this until our last bill. Our useage went from 18k gallons to 26k gals to 57k gals. Holy Chit. Can you say a $580 water bill? I checked it out and we were losing close to a gallon every other minute. Now I know you're wondering if there were wet spots in the yard. I wondered about the same thing when the water department warned us there was something wrong. With the geography in this area, lots of shale. The water was obviously seaping through shelves and not seaping to the surface, We called a couple of plumbers. OMG I realize we had a 275ft long service line, but $4600??? The other quoted $13 per foot. Anyway, I decided I could do it myself alot cheaper. I spent a little over $1200 doing it myself. We rented a backhoe and at one point a trencher. As you can see I definately had fun. At one point, I had to get a load of gravel to place under the water line. I went to the loacl quarry where the operator and site forman had reservations about loading my truck. Needless to say a ton later and my truck was squatting pretty low.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home